P&O Cruises today revealed the name of the next 3000-guest ship that will join the fleet in 2021, Pacific Encounter. As part of our commitment to refresh P&O Cruises' fleet, we recently announced that we will be farewelling Pacific Dawn and Pacific Aria in February and April 2021 respectively. Please be assured we are working hard to offer you alternative choices and we thank you for your patience as we assist you with your cruise holiday.
If you are booked on the Pacific Dawn on a cruise departing on or after 1 February 2021, or on the Pacific Aria on a cruise departing on or after 9 March 2021, you will receive a communication today with details of alternative arrangements we have made for you to consider. We expect all guests to be moved to alternative cruises by 13 December.
What happens now?
- Pacific Dawn's final cruise will be on 8 February 2021 (MEL - SIN). Cruises from W106 onwards have been cancelled.
- Pacific Aria’s final cruise will be on 9 April 2021 (MEL - SIN). Cruises from A114 onwards have been cancelled.
- Guests booked on selected impacted cruises have the option of rebooking an equivalent or near equivalent cruise on another P&O ship or receiving a full refund, if no alternative cruises are suitable.
P&O want to give guests every opportunity to sail on Pacific Dawn's sentimental final cruise. Pacific Dawn will depart Melbourne on February 8, 2021 sailing to Singapore via Brisbane. There are three great options for you to say your farewell to this magnificent ship.
- Option One -- a fantastic short break cruise from Melbourne to Brisbane.
- Option Two -- the Asia and Explorer cruise from Brisbane to Singapore.
- Option Three -- the 'full farewell, a combined 17-nights voyage from Melbourne right through to Singapore.
We also want to give guests every opportunity to sail on Pacific Aria's sentimental final cruise with P&O. Pacific Aria will depart Melbourne on April 9, 2021 sailing to Singapore via Fremantle. There are three great options for guests to say farewell to this magnificent ship.
- Option One -- a fantastic 6-nights 'Southern Discovery' cruise from Melbourne to Fremantle calling at Esperance and Albany
- Option Two -- the Asia and Australia Explorer 12-nights cruise from Fremantle to Singapore
- Option Three -- the 'full farewell, a combined 18-nights voyage from Melbourne right through to Singapore via Fremantle.
The above cruises will be on sale from Tuesday, 3rd December.