As part of our commitment to refresh P&O Cruises' fleet, we recently announced that we will be farewelling Pacific Jewel from March next year. Please be assured we are working hard to offer you alternative choices and we thank you for your patience as we assist you with your cruise holiday.
If you are booked on the Pacific Jewel on a departure on or after 24 Feb 2019, you will receive a communication over the next 2 weeks with details of alternative arrangements we have made for you to consider. We expect all guests to be moved to alternative cruises over the next 2 months with priority given to those sailing on the first cruises following Jewel’s farewell from the fleet. It may take us a little while to get your booking moved, so we kindly ask for your patience and to only contact us once you have received your new confirmation.
What happens now?
- Pacific Jewel's final cruise will be on 24 February 2019 (MEL - SIN). Cruises from J911 onwards have been cancelled.
- Pacific Aria takes up the reins as New Zealand's cruise ship, sailing from Auckland from April 2019 through to July 2019. Aria’s Auckland season for 2019 will open for bookings in the near future.
- Pacific Aria will return to Brisbane from August 2019. Pacific Aria's published Oct 2019 - Jan 2020 Sydney season has been cancelled.
- Pacific Dawn will be servicing Pacific Aria's 10 night PNG cruise (A923) originally due to depart 21 May 2019. New departure date for this cruise is 25 May 2019 (W927N).
- Pacific Dawn will be servicing Pacific Aria's 14 night Bounty Adventure cruise (A926) originally due to depart 14 Jun 2019. New departure date for this cruise is 15 June 2019 (W931N).
- Guests booked on selected impacted cruises have the option of rebooking an equivalent or near equivalent cruise on another P&O ship or receiving a full refund, if no alternative cruises are suitable. If your clients are booked on any impacted Pacific Jewel, Pacific Aria, and Pacific Dawn cruises you will receive an email from our Customer Services team with detailed information on the options for your clients.
If you would like to discuss this further with us, please call us on 1300 550 491 (AU)/0800 543 177 (NZ) or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Questions and Answers
Q. What does this mean for bookings on impacted cruises?
A. Guests will be notified with details of alternative arrangements to consider.
- Rebooking on equivalent or near equivalent cruises on other P&O Cruises’ ships
- Offering a choice of alternative cruises on other ships in the P&O Cruises’ fleet where a near equivalent match is not possible
- Providing a full refund to guests for whom no alternative cruise choice is suitable (any guest whose cruise is cancelled can choose to obtain a full refund).
Q. Which Pacific Jewel cruises are impacted & which cruises will bookings be moved to?
A. All Pacific Jewel cruises after 24 February 2019 are affected. Guests will receive an email within two weeks with an alternative cruise option for them to consider.
Q. Why was Pacific Jewel chosen over the other ships to leave the P&O fleet?
A. P&O Cruises announced today that a second Grand Class ship with join the family while bidding farewell to one of its "jewels" as part of the cruise line's commitment to refresh the fleet over time. Star Princess will replace the much-loved and considerably smaller Pacific Jewel, which will leave P&O Cruises in March next year, by which time she will have served the brand for almost 10 years.
Q. When will the final Pacific Jewel cruise to Singapore go on sale?
A. The itinerary is in the process of being finalised and is due to go on sale in the coming weeks.
About Pacific Jewel
Discover 11 levels of hidden gems on Pacific Jewel. Dance the night away in The Dome, relax in the Aqua Spa, feast at one of the six restaurants and get a dose of adrenalin at the P&O Edge Adventure Park.
CONTACTING THE SHIP
- Calling from Australia:
- Telephone: 0011 1 321 837 6305 or 00 11 1 321 837 6306
- Calling from New Zealand:
- Telephone: 00 870 76 48 82 686