Selected foreign currencies are available onboard all P&O Cruises Australia ships. Foreign currency can only be purchased from the Reception desk with cash. Credit cards will not be accepted for purchase of foreign currency.
Each ship will sell and buy foreign currency using the exchange rates that are determined by head office, and the currency rates are set per cruise.
Unused New Zealand Dollars & South Pacific Francs (notes only) can be sold back to the Reception Desk.
- South Pacific Francs (XFP or CFP) - Not available. There is a Bureau de Change located in the Noumea cruise terminal.
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD) - available when sailing from Australia.
- Vatu - not available, as Australian currency is accepted in all ports of call for Vanuatu
- Papua New Guinean Kina - P&O Australia does not sell Papua New Guinean Kina anymore. Guests will be able to purchase Kina when local vendors come onboard in Alotau & Rabul.
- Fiji and Tonga - Shoreside bank representatives will come onboard when the ships arrive in port and guests can exchange their cash. There are some places ashore where guests can pay using Australian dollars. It is recommended to carry small notes as Australian coins are not accepted.