P&O Cruises ‘#likenoplaceonearth Competition’ Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prizes, form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Carnival plc trading as P&O Cruises Australia (ABN 23 107 998 443) of Level 5, 465 Victoria Ave, Chatswood 2067 NSW, phone (02) 8326 4000.
- Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or any companies in the Promoter’s group of companies and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step- parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step- brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences at 9:00am AEST Wednesday, 31 May 2022 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on 02 January 2023 (Promotional Period).
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Multiple entries are permitted by an entrant, unless they have already won a Monthly Prize.
- Winners will be announced on the P&O Cruises Australia Facebook page and Instagram account.
How to Enter
- To enter, entrants must, within the Promotional Period, post a picture of a P&O 'like no place on earth' moment to your public Instagram account, hashtag #Likenoplaceonearth and follow @pocruises (the Entry).
- By entering, the entrant warrants that the Entry:
- is original and not copied, and was created by the entrant;
- does not breach the intellectual property rights of any person;
- does not include (or link to) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate. Without limitation, entrants must not include (or include a link to) any content that involves malice, swearing or which may be defamatory or in contempt of court;
- does not include (or link to) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists (Copyright Content), unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include (or link to) any Copyright Content in their Entry, they must not include it. By including any Copyright Content in their Entry, the entrant warrants that they are entitled to do so; and
- contains no viruses or other computer code or material embedded in it which may have a negative impact on the Promoter’s website, this competition or any network or third party computer systems.
- All Entries become the property of the Promoter. Each entrant irrevocably and perpetually assigns all copyright and any other intellectual property rights in their Entry, including, without limitation, moral rights, to the Promoter. The winners of the Monthly Prizes and Grand Prize acknowledge that the Promoter intends to (but is under no obligation to) feature some of the winning Entries in future P&O Cruises Australia campaigns and on its Instagram account and Facebook account. For this purpose the winner agrees to forward the original copy of the Entry to the Promoter (due to resolution requirements) on request. The winners will not receive any form of remuneration or right of attribution in relation to their winning entry.
- This promotion is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winners. The winners will be selected based on creativity, originality and whether or not the image has a 'like no place on earth' quality.
- The Promotional Period will be broken into 7 segments (each an “Entry Period”) according to the table below. Judging will take place at the end of each Entry Period at the Promoter’s address, of Level 5, 465 Victoria Ave, Chatswood 2067 NSW. One winner will be selected for each Entry Period and will be announced on the dates specified in the table below.
|Entry Period Start Date
|Entry Period End Date
|Winner of the Entry Period announced
|Tuesday 31 May 2022
|Thursday 30 June 2022
|Friday 1 July 2022
|Friday 1 July 2022
|Sunday 31 July 2022
|Monday 1 August 2022
|Monday 1 August 2022
|Wednesday 31 August 2022
|Thursday 1 September 2022
|Thursday 1 September 2022
|Friday 30 September 2022
|Monday 3 October 2022
|Monday 3 October 2022
|Monday 31 October 2022
|Tuesday 1 November 2022
|Tuesday 1 November 2022
|Wednesday 30 November 2022
|Thursday 1 December 2022
|Thursday 1 December 2022
|Saturday 31 December 2022
|Monday 2 January 2023
- Entries will only be eligible for the Monthly Prize in the Entry Period in which they are posted and entered via the entry mechanism described at clause 9 above. Non-winning entries may be re-posted according to the entry mechanism throughout the Promotional Period to be considered in each Entry Period.
- A Grand Prize winner will then be selected out of the 7 Monthly Prize winners based on the same criteria set out in clause 11 above, including creativity, originality and whether or not the image has a 'like no place on earth' quality. The Grand Prize winner will be judged and announced on Monday 09 January 2023.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered.
- The Promoter may (but is under no obligation to) publicly announced winners on the P&O Cruises Australia Facebook and Instagram pages. The winner will receive a private message via Instagram with instructions on how to confirm acceptance of their prize. If a winner does not accept their prize within 14 days of receipt of the Instagram private message, the winner forfeits the prize and the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the next most original and creative Entry. The new winner must confirm acceptance of the prize within 7 days of receiving notification via Instagram private message
- There are 8 prizes in total, including 7 Monthly Prizes and 1 Grand Prize (together, “Prizes”).
- The total prize pool is $2616.78.
- Each Entrant with the most original and creative Entry for the relevant Entry Period, according to the judges in their absolute discretion, will win a $200 Eftpos gift card (“Monthly Prize”) and will have the opportunity to have their winning picture featured in the next P&O Cruises Australia campaign.
- Each Monthly Prize winner will have their winning entry entered into the Grand Prize pool.
The Grand Prize winner with the most original and creative Entry overall, according to the judges, will win a three-night comedy cruise onboard P&O Cruises from your chosen departure port (based on available itineraries) in Australia in 2023 (“Grand Prize”)
- Accommodation in a Oceanview twin cabin for two (2) people;
- Onboard main meals (with the exception of those restaurants which have an additional cover charge) for two (2) people; and
- select onboard activities, evening entertainment, and access to nightclubs (with the exception of those activities and facilities which have an additional cover charge) for two (2) people.
- Total Grand Prize value is approximately AU$ 1216.78. Price is correct as at 11 May 2022. Itineraries may differ in value, including based on port and date of departure and are subject to change.
- The Grand Prize does not include flights and/or transfers to/from the winner’s home to the cruise terminal. Any costs associated with transport to/from the departure port will be the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and will not be borne by the Promoter. Shore excursions or other onboard activities, spending money, additional meals, taxes, insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included.
- The Grand Prize must be taken in 2023. If the winner and travelling companion are, for whatever reason, unable to travel before this date, or do not take an element of the Grand Prize within the stipulated time then the Grand Prize (or that element of the Grand Prize) will be forfeited by the winner.
- The Grand Prize winner or their travelling companion must be over the age of 18. Alcohol consumption and gambling onboard are restricted to passengers aged 18 years of age or older.
- The winner and their companion are responsible for ensuring that they have the necessary and valid travel documentation including, passports, any requisite visas and vaccinations. The winner and travel companion will be responsible for any expenses incurred in obtaining necessary travel documentation, including any fines, or penalties incurred as a result of not having the requisite travel documentation. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. A credit card imprint or cash deposit will be required from the winner at check-in in order to board the cruise ship, for all incidental charges.
- Standard terms and conditions of travelling with the Promoter will apply, including any applicable age restrictions. See Booking and Passage Conditions at https://www.pocruises.com.au/plan/how-to-book/book-travel-conditions which passengers will be bound by.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner and/or his/her travelling companion to take part in any or all aspects of the Grand Prize if it determines in its absolute discretion that a winner and/or his/her travelling companion are not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the Grand Prize, or if they pose a risk to the safety and wellbeing of any other passenger.
- The Monthly Prize will be sent to the Monthly Prize winners within 30 days of the date of announcement of their win.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The Promoter may (but is not obliged to) at any time reject or disqualify or invalidate any Entry that it considers (in its sole judgment) infringes these terms and conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants in that regard. If this occurs in respect of a winning Entry, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the next best most original and creative Entry.
- Any cost associated with accessing Instagram and Facebook is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law the Promoter: Is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on any computer system or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s property related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; accepts no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in connection with this Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of this Promotion; and accepts no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law (including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) and without limiting any other conditions of entry, the Promoter may, in its discretion, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion. All entrants participating in this promotion at the point of termination, modification or suspension of the promotion will be notified by a post on the Promoter’s Instagram page. In the event of modification or suspension of the promotion, the entrant may choose to terminate their participation in the promotion at no cost.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including their officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner, winner’s travel companion or entrant; or (f) attendance at the Grand Prize.
- The Promoter accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- As a condition of accepting the Grand Prize, the winner and his/her companion must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter. When entering the Promotion, you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Instagram.
- The laws of NSW apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of NSW.