Onboard X005, A005N or via Online submission
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes, form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Carnival plc trading as P&O Cruises Australia (ABN 23 107 998 443) of 465 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood NSW 2067, phone (02) 8326 4000.
3. Entry is only open to residents of Australia travelling onboard one of P&O Cruises Australia’s 2020 Australia Day cruises (that is, cruise numbers X005, A005N) or via Online submission, aged 13 years or above. Entrants under 18 years of age must have parental/guardian consent to participate. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences at [insert] 14:00 AEDT on 17 January 2020 and closes at 18:00 [insert] AEDT on 27 January 2020 (Promotional Period).
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence and booking reference) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
How to Enter
6. To enter, entrants must, within the Promotional Period, dress up as their favourite Aussie 'Legend', and present to the Entertainment Director onboard the ship at a location advertised in the Good Times newsletters onboard the relevant cruise (the Entry) or submit their entry via an online entry form
7. Entrants may participate as a group by notifying the Promoter’s Entertainment Director onboard their cruise at the time of Entry. The group must nominate a lead representative at the time of Entry.
8. Entrants may submit one (1) entry per person (whether as an individual entry or a group entry).
9. By entering, the entrant warrants that the Entry:
a. is original and not copied, and was created by the entrant;
b. does not breach the intellectual property rights of any person;
c. does not contravene any law, infringe the rights of any person and is not obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes swearing); and
d. does not include any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists (Copyright Content), unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any Copyright Content in their Entry, they must not include it. By including any Copyright Content in their Entry, the entrant warrants that they are entitled to do so.
10. By participating in this promotion, Entrants agree to having their photograph taken by the Promoter and co-operating as required in all editorial activities, including but not limited to being filmed and/or interviewed. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, Entry, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, footage and/or recording of the same) in any media (including the Promoter’s social media pages) worldwide for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
11. This promotion is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winners. The winners will be selected based on the most original and creative Entry.
12. The decision of the Promoter’s representative is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. At the end of the Promotional Period, the Promoter’s Entertainment Director onboard the relevant cruise (with assistance from the audience, but the final decision being at the Entertainment Director’s sole discretion) will select one overall winner for each ship (Ship Winner, per category).
17. The Ship Winner for each cruise will be announced by the Promoter at 6pm AEDT on 26 January 2020 onboard the relevant ship.
18. The Ship Winners, per category, will each receive AU$100 Onboard credit, applied to their onboard account
Grand Prize Winner
19. At the end of the Promotional Period, the Promoter will select an overall winner across the two ships and via online submissions (Grand Prize Winner). Each ship will provide up to 15 photographs of their most original and creative Entries, along with the entrants name and email address, and all enties via online submission, for consideration as the Grand Prize Winner.
20. Judging for the Grand Prize Winner will take place at the Promoter’s office at 465 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood NSW 2067, at 10am AEDT on 29 January 2020
21. The Grand Prize Winner will be announced by the Promoter at 10am AEDT on 30 January 2020 on P&O’s social media account/s. The Grand Prize Winner will also be personally notified by email on Tue 29 January 2020
22. The Grand Prize Winner will receive confirmation of their cruise shortly thereafter.
23. Total prize pool value is up to AU$5,000.
24. The Ship Winners must confirm acceptance of their prize by presenting to the Entertainment Director onboard their cruise within 24 hours of the announcement of the winners or the end of their cruise, whichever is earlier. If a winner does not accept the prize within the specified time limit, the winner forfeits the prize and the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the next most original and creative Entry. The new winner will be notified onboard the relevant cruise and must confirm acceptance of the prize within 24 hours.
25. The Grand Prize Winner must confirm acceptance of their prize by replying to the notification email within 7 days of receipt. If the Grand Prize Winner does not accept the prize within the specified time limit, the winner forfeits the prize and the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the next most original and creative Entry. The new winner will be notified by email and must confirm acceptance of the prize within 7 days.
26. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
27. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
28. If a group is selected as a winner by the Promoter, the prize will be provided to the nominated representative, who will be responsible for sharing the prize amongst the group. All group entrants release the Promoter from any and all claims related to this promotion following provision of the prize to the group’s nominated representative.
29. Where a winner is under the age of 16 years, the Promoter may award the relevant prize to the winner’s parent or guardian.
30. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
31. The Promoter may (but is not obliged to) at any time reject and/or remove from access by the public or disqualify or invalidate any Entry that it considers (in its sole judgment) infringes these terms and conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants in that regard. If this occurs in respect of a winning Entry, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the next best valid Entry.
32. Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law the Promoter: Is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on any computer system or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s property related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; accepts no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in connection with this Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of this Promotion; and accepts no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access.
33. To the fullest extent permitted by law (including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) and without limiting any other conditions of entry, the Promoter may, in its discretion, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion. All entrants participating in this promotion at the point of termination, modification or suspension of the promotion will be notified by the Promoter by email. In the event of modification or suspension of the promotion, the entrant may choose to terminate their participation in the promotion at no cost.
34. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including their officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) attendance at the prize event.
35. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
36. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner or, if under 18 years of age, his/her parent/guardian, must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
38. The laws of NSW apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of NSW.