- 90g ‘Darrell Lea’ liquorice, chopped
- 400ml cream
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 100g castor Sugar
- 50ml glucose
- 20ml Pernod
- Green food colouring
Method for the Liquorice Parfait:
- Place the liquorice and cream in a pot and slowly bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 5 minutes then blend in a liquidizer while still hot.
- Transfer to a large bowl and cool down.
- Meanwhile, make a thick ribbon sabayon with the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, glucose and Pernod over a bain maire.
- Combine the liquorice mixture and sabayon then and mix well to combine, Add food colouring at this stage if needed.
- In a tray lined with baking paper place the sponge on top then pour over the parfait mix, to set at about 1.5 inches.
- Place in the freezer until completely frozen.
Sumbucca Sponge Ingredients:
- 20 eggs
- 400g caster sugar
- 240g flour
- 150ml Sumbucca (white)
- Jet Black food colouring
Method for the Sumbucca Sponge
- Place eggs and sugar in medium mixing bowl, put over medium heat and
stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Put bowl into mixture on high speed until eggs have tripled in size.
- Add food coloring until mix is jet black, remove from mixer.
Fold in flour and sumbucca.
- Spread onto trays. 500g per tray. Bake at 180*C
for approx 5 minutes.
Lime Syrup Ingredients:
- 250g sugar
- 250ml water
- 1 lime, juiced and the peel zested into strips
- 1 lime segments, pith and pips removed
Method for the Lime Syrup
- Bring the sugar and water to the boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the lime juice and the rind.
- Stir well then refrigerate
Lime Jelly Ingredients
- 150ml sugar syrup
- 100ml lime juice
- 4 gelatine leaves
Method for the Lime Jelly
Warm the sugar syrup and lime juice and melt in the soaked gelatine leaves, set in fridge.
Compressed Apple Ingredients
- 1 apple sliced
- 20ml pernod
- 20ml sugar syrup
- 50 mil lime juice
Method for the Apple
- Core the apple and slice 1.5mm thick
- Place all ingredients in a criovac bag and compress overnight.
- 1 ea. Sambuca sponge
- 1 ea. Liquorice parfait
- 1 ea. Tuille
- 3 ea. Lime zest
- 60ml Lime syrup
- 5 ea. cut 1cm cubes Lime jelly
- 3 ea. Compressed apple
Pull the parfait from the freezer and place in the bowl, add three pieces of apple
folded in half to one side of the parfait. Add 5 pieces of lime jelly around the parfait
then add the tuille with 3 limes zest on top as shown. Pour in the lime syrup.