Prep: 10min › Cook: 25min › Ready in: 35min
Ingredients for the sponge:
- 225g butter
- 280g caster sugar
- 280g self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 200 ml milk
- 100g chopped dried mixed fruit, lightly dusted with flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
Ingredients for Lime Buttercream
- 500g icing sugar
- 120g unsalted butter
- 2 drops Sosa lemon flavouring
- 30ml fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons milk
- drop of green food colour
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place butter and caster sugar in bowl and cream together. Add in the flour and
baking powder and mix.
- Measure 200ml milk and pour into mixture along with 2 beaten eggs. Mix in well until
mixture is smooth and creamy-looking in texture. Mixture should feel light and not heavy.
- Gently fold in the floured mixed dried fruit.
- Pour mixture into well-greased cake tray and bake in oven for around 20 - 25 mins.
To ensure cake is ready place a knife into the middle if it stays clean cake is done.
If not leave it in for another few mins and check again.
- While cake is cooking make your buttercream icing: Place icing sugar, butter, 1-2 tblsp
milk or water, lemon flavouring, lime juice and lime zest into a bowl. Cream together
until fluffy and smooth. Fold in a tiny drop of green food colour to support the
lime-green appearance. You can then place in fridge until ready to use.
- Once sponge is cooled use a 3 cm cookie cutter and cut into discs; pipe butter cream
icing onto one disc and then place another disc on top. Pipe some more
buttercream on top and garnish with a fresh raspberry.