- 400g Ora Smoked salmon, unsliced
- 1/2 bunch Dill
- 1/2 punnet celery cress
- 6 tspn baby capers
- 4 Tbspn crème friache
- 4 x 3 halves Quail egg
- 1 Spanish onion, peeled
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tspn Cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbspn Luke Mangan Cajun spice
- Fine salt
For the crisp onion
- Pre-heat a fryer to 170 degrees
- Place the flour, cayenne pepper and Cajun spice into a bowl and mix well.
- Slice the Spanish onion very thinly on a meat slicer and then coat well in the flour mix, sift excess flour off
- Slowly add the onion to the fryer and cook until golden, take out and season with salt and cool.
For the smoked salmon
- • Take the salmon out of the packet, finely chop the dill and rub a little extra virgin olive oil over the top side of the salmon and coat with the chopped dill. Very carefully slice with Sharpe knife thin pieces off the salmon. Place on a clean tray.
For the quails egg
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, add a good ½ cup of white vinegar to the water and start to stir in one direction.
- Slowly add the quail eggs, large 2 minutes 45 seconds and small 2 minutes 35 seconds, take out and place in ice water. When cool, peel from the top of the egg to the bottom, cut in half and season. Keep to the side.
Arrange the salmon over the plate, place a 3tspn of crème friache around the plate, and then scatter with a few baby capers and the celery cress. Top with the crispy onions.