- What time can I check-in for my cruise?
- The check-in time for your cruise will be displayed on your Cruise eTicket. Arriving at the wharf early does not guarantee early embarkation, so to avoid congestion and long wait times, please do not arrive prior to your published check-in time. Check-in closes one hour prior to your cruise’s scheduled departure time.
- What is the latest time I can check-in for my cruise?
- Check-in closes one hour prior to your cruise’s scheduled departure time as displayed on your eTicket. Checking in after this time will cause you to miss your cruise and no refunds will be given.
- Where can I find the latest check-in and departure information?
- Our Arrivals and Departures Infoline has the latest departure and check-in information, updated at least 48 hours before each departure. Call (AU) 1300 653 620 or (NZ) 0800 543 429.
- Do I need luggage tags?
- Yes. Your P&O Cruises luggage tags will be included with your eTicket. Please ensure one tag is printed, filled in and attached to
each piece of luggage prior to arriving at the terminal. If you do not have luggage tags when you arrive at the terminal, you may experience delays at the luggage drop-off area.
- My cruise departs from Sydney, where is the wharf located?
Cruises from Sydney depart from either White Bay Cruise Terminal or the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay.
The departure wharf for your cruise will be displayed on your Cruise eTicket, travel summary in Cruise Personaliser, as well as your booking confirmation.
Overseas Passenger Terminal
Access to the Overseas Passenger Terminal is near the intersection of George and Argyle Streets, The Rocks. There is a taxi rank, however there is no parking available at the terminal. Circular Quay Train Station is within walking distance from the Overseas Passenger Terminal.
White Bay Cruise Terminal
To access White Bay Cruise Terminal by vehicle please use entry off James Craig Road, Rozelle. This roadway will lead you directly to the cruise terminal. There is a taxi rank and short term parking available at the wharf.
Click here to view more details on Sydney departures, including location maps.
- My cruise departs from Brisbane, where is the wharf located?
Cruises from Brisbane depart from Portside Terminal, located off Remora Road, Hamilton. There is a 3 minute drop off zone, a taxi rank, and limited free short term parking available at the wharf. Portside Cruise Terminal is within walking distance from Brett Ferry wharf with services to the city.
Click here to view more details, including a map
- My cruise departs from Auckland, where is the wharf located?
Cruises from Auckland depart from either Princes Wharf or Queens Wharf. Both wharves are located on Quay Street, Auckland. There is a taxi rank, a drop off zone, however there is no parking available. Britomart Train Station is located within walking distance from Princes and Queens Wharves.
Click here to view more details on Auckland departures, including a location map.
- My cruise departs from Melbourne, where is the wharf located?
Cruises from Melbourne depart from Station Pier, located on Waterfront Place near Beach Street, Port Melbourne. There is a taxi rank and a drop off zone at the terminal. Parking is available outside of Station Pier in the Beacon Cove herringbone car park. There are a limited number of short term car parks available adjoining Station Pier (applicable parking fees will apply). The tram station with services to Melbourne CBD is located within walking distance of Station Pier.
- What is involved in the check-in and embarkation process?
Before you arrive at the terminal, please ensure you have correctly filled in and attached luggage tags to each of your bags. Your luggage tags will be available to print from Cruise Control. Arriving to the wharf with no luggage tags attached to your luggage may result in longer wait times to drop-off your luggage.
Upon arrival at the terminal please proceed to the luggage drop-off area to check-in your luggage. Please ensure items you will require at cruise check-in, such as your eTicket, passport, ID, duty free and medication are not packed in these bags. You should then proceed into the terminal where you will be provided with a Health Questionnaire by Terminal staff. This must be completed prior to check-in.
At check-in you will need to present your passport (or government issued photo ID for domestic coastal cruises), your eTicket and a credit / debit card to setup your onboard account. Cash can be used, however you may experience some wait times at Reception to maintain your cash account during the cruise. If you would prefer to set up your onboard account with cash, this can be done by visiting Reception once onboard within the first 24 hours of your cruise.
Please note, a valid passport or government issued ID is mandatory for domestic coastal cruises. Passengers without the required identification will be denied boarding.
Once check-in is complete you will be advised on boarding formalities by Check-in staff and will be provided with a Cruise Card. You Cruise Card is your room key, your access on and off the ship and is used to make any purchases onboard.
- What if I need a wheelchair?
- If you require a wheelchair for boarding please make contact with the Wheelchair Registration desk on arrival to the terminal and they will make arrangements for you.
- Can I bring alcohol onboard?
- Alcohol is not permitted to be brought onboard the ship. Duty-free and personal alcohol purchased onshore will be collected at the gangway and can be collected on the last day of your cruise. Duty and tax-free alcohol is also available for purchase onboard and will also be held for safekeeping and can be collected on the last day of you cruise.
- Can my family and friends come with me to the wharf?
- Family and friends are welcome to share in your excitement and wave farewell from the cruise terminal. Due to security reasons, they will be unable to come onboard with you.